Have fun. Learn more.™
Lessons Start This Week
Call Today To Enroll
The Academy was founded over 30 years ago with the goal of creating the ultimate music education experience. With that in mind, no corners have been cut in any area of our program. Our no-compromises approach results in tremendous student progress and accomplishment. We have quite possibly created the greatest music education value on the planet. No one else is even trying to do what we do.
See what our private program is all about!
Congratulations Daphne, Kyle and Lizzie
for Outstanding Concerto Performances this Year!
We offer Private Lessons For the following Instruments:
Why do our students do so well?
Our comprehensive program provides everything necessary for a student to thrive. There's a lot to it and we could talk about it all day! The following information should give you an idea of what makes us different. When you're ready to get started, give us a call so we can personally find the best place for your student. We look forward to working with you soon!
- Staff Meetings —In this highly collaborative monthly setting, training is given by the director and other highly experienced teachers. In addition, teachers discuss what they have learned in their monthly observations. Finally, open discussion allows teachers to share any curent challenges and receive helpful ideas from the group.
- Mentoring Time — Every month, teachers meet one-on-one with the director or a senior faculty member to discuss the needs and progress of each of their students. In addition to providing a consistent and reliable source of knowledge and support, it also creates accountability which ensures that each student is reaching his or her potential.
- Teacher Observations — Every month teachers observe at least one lesson taught by another teacher. These observations are discussed at our monthly staff meetings where ideas gained as well as suggestions for improvement are discussed. This is one way we access the wonderful brain trust present at the Academy
- Training from Outside Experts — Periodically, outside experts are brought in to train our faculty and staff on the specific area of their expertise. This is an incredible opportunity for our faculty to learn from a world authority, and then apply this knowledge to their teaching.
- Other Resources — Our faculty benefits from many other resources including a Reference Music Library, Support from an Office Staff, a Balanced and Comprehensive Curriculum, a Music Buying Service (also available to students), a Gorgeous Facility, as well as many other things.
- Festivals — Festivals are a very fun event where students are grouped into three divisions, determined by age, and perform individually for a judge in a preliminary round in the morning. Judges from each division choose 10 finalists to perform in a winner’s recitals in the afternoon. All three judges hear all three winner’s recitals and choose distinguished winners from each division. Distinguised winners receive medals or trophies as a token of their outstanding performances. Though our festivals are held in a very mild competition setting, students receive recognition and positive reinforcement for their efforts and preparation.
- Personal Progress Review — This important opportunity represents our milestone for the year. In this event, students perform the music that they have learned during the year for a highly qualified adjudicator. This judge is usually a world-class concert artist, and sometimes comes from out of state. Students receive an incredibly valuable evaluation of their playing which addresses the specific challenges and nuances of their instrument.
In the spirit of what the Japanese call Kaizen, everything we do is in constant evolution and improvement. Every peak of accomplishment takes you higher where you can see the next goal. We are always seeking that next goal. Our dynamic culture encourages the development and integration of proven methods and techniques into everything that we do. There really is an Academy Advantage!